GHP 042: Kevin Boyle
In this week’s episode we are joined by another active professional goaltender, current AHL starter, and former NCAA division 1 leader, Kevin Boyle.
We dive deep into Biggest surprise when making the jump to tier 1 junior at young age. Hardest part transitioning to junior hockey and being able to compete at that level of play. Skill kids should be working on that is transferable that will prepare them for the challenges. Hardest part about transitioning to NHL level. Mental routine during a game to help avoid game time and performance anxiety and lastly we discuss about clearing the air on NHL among goaltenders, parents, and coaches.
- Most important skill young kids should be developing at a young age while they play Minor Hockey.
- Biggest surprise when making the jump to Tier 1 Junior at young age.
- Advice to self before making the transition to become more successful.
- Hardest part transitioning to Junior Hockey and being able to compete at that level of play.
- Important skill kids can start developing to face the challenges when they get there.
- Difficult part in transitioning to College Hockey in terms of the level of play.
- Skill kids should be working on that is transferable that will prepare them for the challenges.
- Making the shift to Pro-Hockey and what helped in making that shift.
- Making the biggest adjustment and hardest part in transitioning from College to Pro Hockey.
- Skill kids should start working on that is transferable to Pro Hockey.
- Hardest part about transitioning to NHL level.
- Challenges in NHL and how kids can be prepared for it.
- Clearing the air on NHL among goaltenders, parents, and coaches.
- Mental routine during a game to help avoid game time and performance anxiety.
- Routine after scoring and accepting it mentally and physically and moving on after figuring what was done wrong.
- Two biggest hacks for an on-ice drill that helps get the edge over competition and stay ahead of everyone.
Thanks For Listening!
To help out the show:
Share on social
Tune in every tuesday to catch the next episode of the GHP!
If you enjoyed the episode I’d love to get your feedback! Feel free to e-mail or dm us on Instagram to chat about feedback!