GHP 037: Jack Hartigan
In this week’s episode I’m joined by the co founder of the Quik Anchor Pegs and the X Tracker, and owner and founder of the Finn Goalie Training School, Jack Hartigan.
We dive into the Coaching Philosophy and the major areas of focus with Goaltenders. Roadblocks for goalies transitioning to pro hockey and skills to work on to overcome them. Differences in goaltending culture in Europe and North America. We have an interesting RAPID FIRE ROUND with him and lastly we dive deep into the idea and the work behind developing x tracker.
- Dive into the Coaching Philosophy and the major areas of focus with Goaltenders.
- Transitioning from Junior hockey to Pro hockey overseas and biggest area of struggle.
- Roadblocks for Goalies transitioning to Pro hockey and skills to work on to overcome them.
- Advice to younger self to achieve more success.
- Struggles faced by Goalies from Minor hockey while making the shift to Junior hockey and from there to Pro hockey.
- Skills in goalies that aid in making the shift smoother and garner more success.
- Recommended drills or work to develop these skills
- Do’s and don’ts to get more exposure and get an opportunity to make junior team and pro team
- Differences in Goaltending culture in Europe and North America.
- RAPID FIRE ROUND!
- Idea and the work behind developing X Tracker.
- Intended audience for X Tracker and how it helps in improving performance on the ice.