GHP 025: The Power of Developing Resilience w/ Matt Caldaroni from Mind-Body Fusion
We chat about the difference between traditional sports psychology and resiliency focused mental performance development. The mystery behind the idea of perfection and the typical misconception among young athletes. We dive deep into the biggest area where young athletes falter while striving to achieve high levels of mental performance and resilience. We reveal the road to becoming an elite athlete, and the secret behind overcoming failure and the fear to achieve domination. We discuss the approach of being process oriented and overcoming goal overload. We focus on the impact of alter egos on an athlete’s game; the details of Mind-Body Fusion’s mental resilience test and how it aids in building awareness around resiliency and emotional intelligence.
- We delve into the shortcomings of Mental Performance Coaches and the reason behind it.
- Differences between core approach which focuses on resilience & lifestyle choices and traditional sports psychology.
- We raise questions on whether there is a shift on the horizon of sports psychology or it’s just a way to increase athletic performance.
- Mystery behind the idea of perfection and the typical misconception among young athletes.
- The process to get past the mindset of achieving perfection.
- Biggest area where young athletes falter while achieving mental performance and resilience.
- Myth or misconception leading athletes on the wrong path and the method to get past it.
- Importance of focusing on domination, innovation, individuality & uniqueness.
- We deliberate on the right path to become an elite athlete.
- Secret behind overcoming failure and the fear of it to achieve domination.
- To refocus or to reinvent in the larger scheme of things.
- We discuss on developing an elite mindset that builds confidence and self belief.
- Source of stress and the misconceptions behind it.
- We chat about the approach of being process oriented and overcoming GOAL OVERLOAD.
- We focus on practicing the way one plays to overcome nervousness and anxiety during match time.
- Impact of alter ego on an athlete’s game.
- Details of the mental resilience test and how it aids in building awareness around resiliency and emotional intelligence.